Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. WillowTree is continuing to grow and thrive as the largest independent agency in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo. In the span of a few short years, WillowTree has grown significantly and continues to expand our infrastructure and user base.
Reporting to the Director of IT, the Network Administrator is a highly autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our teams, clients and company. You’ll be the primary point of contact for all things related to WillowTree’s network infrastructure. As an integral part of the IT team, you’ll be responsible for installation, integration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and upkeep of the software and systems that support our operations across all offices.
*This is not a remote position and is located in our Charlottesville, VA office.
- You’ll maintain the stability of wired and wireless networking
- You’ll be instrumental in the deployment of new networking hardware and configurations
- You’ll maintain network security tools
- You’ll assist in Help Desk tasks and calls as needed with excellent customer service
- You’ll frequently and clearly communicate the status of issues
- You’ll effectively work with technical and non-technical end-users to resolve software and hardware issues
- You’ll administer and support the latest versions of OS X, Linux, and Windows
- You’ll manage and resolve A/V and conference room issues (Zoom, Meet, Webex, etc)
- You’ll set up workstations and train new users on company software and systems (e.g. OneLogin and other SaaS systems)
- You’ll troubleshoot complex issues in-person and via remote access tools
- You’ll manage and purchase IT inventory and coordinate repair of a wide variety of hardware (e.g. laptops, desktops, accessories, phones)
- You’ll manage accounts across multiple offices (e.g. G-Suite Console)
- You’ll set up and troubleshoot VoIP phone systems
- You’ll understand networking fundamentals and will be our onsite hands for core networking issues (switching, routing, WiFi access points)
- Experience providing first or second-tier IT technical support
- You’re familiar with helpdesk ticketing systems (e.g. OSTicket)
- You have a track record of continuous learning of new technologies.
- A tenacious approach to problem-solving and a relentless attitude toward removing obstacles
- You’re not afraid to research answers to obscure issues to keep us running smoothly
- You have an eye for detail and believe in documentation
- You’re extremely organized and can identify patterns where convention is necessary
- You use empathy to provide intuitive solutions with minimal disruption
- You can remain calm under pressure
- You’re a self-starter and can operate independently or with IT colleagues across offices
- You’re curious to find the root cause and proactively develop permanent solutions to resolve and prevent recurring issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- You’ve supported multiple offices
- Experience with LastPass or OneLogin
- You’ve worked with a digital agency
- Experience in high density networking environments including Fortinet (Meru) wireless systems or Meraki systems
- You’ve helped set up technology in new offices
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.