Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to build digital flagship products crucial to our clients’ business needs. Through a recent partnership acquisition with Dynamit in Columbus, Ohio, WillowTree is continuing to grow and thrive as the largest independent agency in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo and more! Check out what others are saying about us.
The Senior Accountant is an autonomous role with the opportunity to impact our Columbus team through your attention to detail and creative execution. Using your knowledge of revenue and accounts receivable, you’ll take ownership and leadership of our Columbus revenue process. You’ll leverage accounting best practices to maintain our position as one of the top digital product agencies in the nation.
- You’ll take ownership of a portion of the Columbus office accounting records, including revenue recognition, invoicing and accounts receivable
- You’ll collaboratively partner with the resource and project management teams to verify that project forecasts align with contracts and work to date
- You’ll contribute to the rest of the accounting team with occasional AP and payroll tasks for Columbus-specific tasks or vacation coverage
- A minimum of three years of professional accounting experience or similar accreditations/certifications
- Expertise with Accounts Receivable, including managing revenue recognition, accruals, deferrals and invoicing
- Proficiency with QuickBooks (or other financial management software) and Microsoft Excel
- Displays a positive attitude and enjoys working in a team environment
- Comfortable interacting with client and internal stakeholders
- Understanding of ASC 606 Revenue Recognition changes and other upcoming changes in GAAP
- Expertise with organizational budget preparation and review
- Experience with full lifecycle accounting or you’ve served as a stand-alone accountant
- Familiarity with financial audits or reviews
- Expertise creating ad-hoc reports
- Experience with the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Experience with cash flow analysis
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or CPA
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.