Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. Through a recent partnership acquisition with Dynamit in Columbus, Ohio, WillowTree is continuing to grow and thrive as the largest independent agency in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
As a Product Architect you’ll identify, plan, and craft solutions in collaboration with design and engineering teams. You’ll play a critical role in communication by understanding client pain points and using your solutions mindset to influence product decisions.
*This position is located in our Columbus, Ohio office and may require some travel.
- Lead the definition and documentation of detailed website and mobile requirements and deliver well-written user stories and detailed functional requirements
- Determine the breadth of a solution feature-set and break it down into functional components for use in all stages of the project lifecycle
- Create wireframes, sitemaps, and user flows that clearly define the solution in a logical, easy to understand manner
- Collaborate with visual design team to lead a user experience design process and create UX deliverables
- Work in close collaboration with design and development teams to create solutions that are in line with time and budget constraints
- Author detailed functional specifications and design/wireframe annotations that define the functional components of the solution including all happy path and edge cases
- Work with cross functional teams throughout the project lifecycle to ensure that the client’s business objectives can be achieved with the solution
- Work with client and project teams to define feature-sets and feature prioritization for applications that align with client strategy
- Establish and maintain User Experience thought leadership with clients and our team
- Attend client meetings; lead discovery process; gain knowledge of our clients' businesses; lead client presentations
- Be the owner of the complete solution; define what "should be"; share that vision with internal and external teams
- Build site Information Architectures in an intuitive way based on client content requirements
- 3+ years of UX design and business analysis, and/or product management experience
- Prior experience defining user stories and detailing functional requirements
- An understanding of and deep appreciation for the topic of user experience (UX) and a drive to stay up-to-date with the continually evolving landscape
- A drive to improve business processes and the ability to define, communicate, and document via process flow diagrams, user flows, and business process diagrams
- Ability to build intuitive Information Architectures based on client business goals, persona-based use cases, industry trends, and site content
- Experience working closely with clients; experience leading the discovery process and client discovery and requirements presentation
- A strong attention to detail and experience in identifying, documenting, and planning for edge cases within a project
- Ability and experience sizing solutions based on project constraints, time/scope/budget.
- Experience identifying and mitigating risks that could affect project outcomes
- An understanding of software development life-cycle (SDLC) and experience working in one or more software development methodologies
P.S. In an ideal world, you hit all the bullet points we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
- You’ve built web-based and/or mobile applications
- You have Front End development experience
- Experience with wire-framing and prototyping
- Working knowledge of SQL and database design
- Agency and/or consulting experience
- Experience with Sketch, Omnigraffle, InVision, InDesign
- An understanding of web services and service oriented architectures
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.