Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. Through a recent partnership acquisition with Dynamit in Columbus, Ohio, WillowTree is continuing to grow and thrive as the largest independent agency in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
The Software Engineer is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our teams, clients, and company through your innate curiosity. You’ll collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to build large-scale products for well-known brands.
*This is a full time position located in our Columbus, Ohio office.
- You’ll review and interpret technical requirements
- You’ll collaborate with a project team and clients to propose strategies that solve business needs
- You’ll research platforms, tools and integrations
- You’ll estimate development project timelines
- You’ll develop and maintain develop applications that impact various users
- You’ll test your own work and peer's work prior to handing off to QA
- 3-5 years experience building data-driven web applications
- An understanding of REST, Microservices, and Amazon AWS a bonus
- Languages: Java + Java EE
- Web platform: JCR, SOA, Spring DI, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Tomcat and design patterns.
- Ideally you’ve built sites using: AEM 6.1 and above
- Database: understanding of RDBMS with experience using Microsoft SQL Server, MYSQL and/or Oracle
- Version control (git / github / subversion)
- You’ve worked with a multidisciplinary team (i.e. a team of designers, peer developers, technical requirements managers etc.)
- You’re excited to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to write clear, web-standard, well documented code
- Strong understanding of production systems and support
- You’ve implemented complex website and application interface designs
- Outstanding communication skills - team and client
- You can work collaboratively and independently and are able to manage your time accordingly
- You’re committed to continuous learning and have a desire to improve
- Formalized QA/testing and revision-based development
- Ability to think critically and solve complex technical problems
P.S. In an ideal world, you hit all the bullet points we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
- You have experience with Docker and Jenkins
- Oracle ADF experience
- Excellent communication skills with client representatives
- You have a GitHub account to share and while you’re there, check us out!
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.