Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. Through a recent partnership acquisition with Dynamit in Columbus, Ohio, WillowTree is continuing to grow and thrive as the largest independent agency in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo. In the span of a few short years, WillowTree has grown significantly and continues to expand our infrastructure and user base.
Reporting to the Director of IT, the Senior IT Support Engineer is a highly autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our teams, clients and company. You’ll be the primary point of contact for all things IT-related in our Columbus office and will closely collaborate with our IT team in Charlottesville and Durham. As an integral part of the IT team, you’ll be responsible for installation, integration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and upkeep of the software and systems that support our operations across both offices.
*This is not a remote position and is located in our Columbus, Ohio office.
- You’ll effectively work with technical and non-technical end-users to resolve software and hardware issues
- You’ll administer and support the latest versions of OS X, Linux, and Windows
- You’ll manage and resolve A/V and conference room issues (Zoom, Meet, Webex, etc)
- You’ll set up workstations and train new users on company software and systems (e.g. OneLogin and other SaaS systems)
- You’ll troubleshoot complex issues in-person and via remote access tools
- You’ll manage and purchase IT inventory and coordinate repair of a wide variety of hardware (e.g. laptops, desktops, accessories, phones)
- You’ll manage accounts across multiple offices (e.g. G-Suite Console)
- You’ll set up and troubleshoot VoIP phone systems
- You’ll understand networking fundamentals and will be our onsite hands for core networking issues (switching, routing, WiFi access points)
- You’re not afraid to research and seek answers to obscure issues to keep us running smoothly
- You believe in documentation
- You’re extremely organized with an eye for detail
- Can identify patterns and see where convention is necessary
- You use empathy to provide intuitive solutions with minimal disruption
- You can remain calm under pressure
- You are a self-starter and can operate independently or with IT colleagues across offices
- Have a tenacious approach to problem-solving and a relentless attitude toward removing obstacles
- You’re curious to find the root cause and proactively develop permanent solutions to resolve and prevent recurring issues
- 5+ years of experience providing first or second-tier IT technical support
- You’re familiar with helpdesk ticketing systems (e.g. OSTicket)
- You have a track record of continuous learning of new technologies.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- You’ve supported multiple offices
- You have experience working with a digital agency
- You’ve helped set up technology in new offices
- Experience with Fortinet (Meru) wireless systems or Meraki systems
- Experience with LastPass or OneLogin
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.