Who We Are
WillowTree is one of the largest independent digital consultancies in the US providing strategy, research, design, and engineering services to Fortune 500 companies all over the world. Some of WillowTree’s current clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo, and more.
WillowTree is a 6-time Inc 500/5000 company and has been featured in the Forrester Wave for mobile, digital design, and development services. Recently, we were named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 due to our 244% revenue growth from 2015-2018. We are also one of a few firms globally to be certified partners with Apple, Google, SAP, and Microsoft.
In November 2018, WillowTree established our first external board following our new partnership with a private equity investor group called Insignia Capital Group. Our board is highlighted by the addition of former Global Managing Partner at A.T. Kearney, Johan Aurik. This relationship has allowed us to unlock additional opportunities in the digital consultancy space and properly scale our business to meet our clients’ evolving needs.
As Chief of Staff (COS), you will serve as our CEO’s right hand. You’ll augment our CEO’s capabilities, allowing them to reach more people and be more effective and informed than they could be alone. Your prioritization will increase the efficiency of our business and will allow WillowTree to continue thriving as one of the best workplaces in tech.
As we continue to scale and grow our business, we’re looking for someone who can leverage their technical and business acumen to collaborate with executive leadership. As our Chief of Staff, you’ll have an opportunity to span all aspects of our high growth digital consulting firm while representing our core values.
- You’ll amplify the CEO’s vision and strategy by maximizing and streamlining communication both internally and externally
- You’ll prepare and facilitate client meetings and organize priorities and action items
- You’ll effectively represent the CEO’s “conscience and voice” in their absence
- You’ll frame and drive decisions with compelling research, insights, and outcomes-based recommendations
- You’ll conduct research and lead projects for key strategies and initiatives (e.g. bringing a new technology offering to market)
- You’ll serve as a key driver and contributor to our Merger & Acquisition initiatives
- You’ll manage critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach including researching, preparing, and tactfully putting together executive presentations, industry/sector/company analyses, book chapters, and other supporting materials
- You’ll track and monitor progress of high-priority projects to ensure they cross the finish line
- You’ll serve as a trusted advisor and sounding board for new ideas and initiatives
- Embrace ambiguity as opposed to relying on well-defined formulas for success and identify solutions to add value
- Bring a strong combination of business leadership and technical skills
- Stay up-to-date on the digital marketplace and economy (e.g. attends conferences, reads the news, and shares updates)
- Are innate leaders who demonstrate analytical thinking, business instincts, and good judgment to navigate complex situations
- Embody WillowTree’s Core Values
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field OR 2+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer is required.
- Holding an MBA is preferred.
- 2+ years of professional experience working in the management consulting, corporate strategy, or digital strategy industry is preferred.
- Strong delivery and communication skills, including comfort presenting to Fortune 500 clients
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to build relationships and influence at all levels across the company including our clients
- Strong project and stakeholder management skills
- Can fluidly switch between strategic and tactical tasks — focusing on the “Why” and the “How”
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to distill the CEO’s message in succinct and tactful ways
- A high level of EQ and integrity to build affective and cognitive trust with diverse personalities
- Self-driven; able to determine the best course of action with little oversight across multiple projects and priorities
- A solutions-mindset with a knack for creating effective strategies
- Intellectually curious, deeply organized, and highly attentive to detail
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.