Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
The Roku Engineer is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our teams, clients, and company through your mentorship. You’ll architect and create streaming apps for millions of customers worldwide.
*This is not a remote position and may require some travel.
- You’ll collaborate + communicate with teams and clients to deliver software in an agile environment
- You’ll learn new technologies and work on passion projects during our Innovation Hours
- You’ll use your passion for durable, secure, and scalable systems to hone your craft
- You’ll thrive in an environment that celebrates differences and unique contributions
- You have experience building streaming media platforms
- You’ve developed a Roku application and/or have experience with BrightScript
- You have a deep understanding and appreciation of quality code and architecture
- You’ve conducted (and know the difference between) unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- You believe your job isn’t finished until your code is covered by unit tests
- You can effectively communicate complex requirements while collaborating with designers, developers, and our clients
- You have experience building scalable software projects
- You’ve used a version control system like Git or SVN
- You’ve integrated 3rd party API’s
- You consider best practices for scaling, security, and caching
P.S. In an ideal world, you hit all the bullet points we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
- You have experience with low-level programming languages or embedded systems
- You’re experienced with cross-platform runtime systems (e.g. Adobe AIR)
- You’re familiar with CI/CD and setting up deployment pipelines
- You’ve established best practices for security and monitoring
- You’ve worked across the stack— including mobile apps or front-end web (HTML, JS, or CSS, including React)
- You have a GitHub account to share and while you’re there, check us out!
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.