At WillowTree, we bring our clients’ ideas to life — in a digital sense.
We believe teams of mixed disciplines and diverse perspectives create the best product.
And our Software Engineering team is vital to our clients and products.
They start with craft.
They want to understand our clients' unique story, business goals, and pain points.
They create with intent (always).
And they're really good at turning complex (sometimes messy) ideas into elegant, intuitive digital experiences.
WillowTree’s current clients include HBO, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Fox Sports, PepsiCo, and more. Our commitment to fostering an environment that encourages creativity has been rewarded by Fortune, Great Places to Work and Glassdoor as the best workplace in tech. Check out what others are saying about us.
As a BrightScript Engineer at WillowTree, you’ll architect and create streaming apps for millions of customers worldwide.
- Collaborating and communicating with teams and clients to deliver software in an agile environment
- Being curious and willing to learn new technologies
- Being passionate about durable, secure, and scalable systems
- Taking pride in your work and responsibilities
- Valuing time to immerse yourself deeply in your work
- Celebrating differences and thriving in an environment where everybody’s unique contributions are welcome
- You have experience building streaming media platforms
- You’ve developed a Roku application and/or have experience with BrightScript
- You have a deep understanding and appreciation of quality code and architecture
- You’ve conducted (and know the difference between) unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- You believe your job isn’t finished until your code is covered by unit tests
- You can effectively communicate complex requirements while collaborating with designers, developers, and our clients
- You have experience building scalable software projects
- You’ve used a version control system like Git or SVN
- You’ve integrated 3rd party API’s
- You consider best practices for scaling, security, and caching
- You have experience with low-level programming languages or embedded systems
- You’re experienced with cross-platform runtime systems (e.g. Adobe AIR)
- You’re familiar with CI/CD and setting up deployment pipelines
- You’ve established best practices for security and monitoring
- You’ve worked across the stack— including mobile apps or front-end web (HTML, JS, or CSS, including React)
- You have a GitHub account to share. Also, while you’re there, check us out @https://github.com/willowtreeapps We'd love to check out a project you're proud of!
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.