SOFTWARE ENGINEERINGPlatform Software Engineer
At WillowTree, we bring our clients’ ideas to life — in a digital sense.
We believe teams of mixed disciplines and diverse perspectives create the best product.
And our Software Engineering team is vital to our clients and products.
They start with craft.
They want to understand our clients' unique story, business goals, and pain points.
They create with intent (always).
And they're really good at turning complex (sometimes messy) ideas into elegant, intuitive digital experiences.
WillowTree’s current clients include HBO, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Fox Sports, PepsiCo, and more. Our commitment to fostering an environment that encourages creativity has been rewarded by Fortune, Great Places to Work and Glassdoor as the best workplace in tech. Check out what others are saying about us.
As a Platform Software Engineer at WillowTree, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with teammates throughout various stages of their careers. You’ll have the freedom to create amazing products for our clients as well as influencing project outcomes.
- By collaborating with a team of people you’re invested in, you’ll build amazing products people love
- You’ll explore and advocate for Software Engineering best practices
- Your day-to-day work will influence millions of users
- You’ll learn from teammates of all backgrounds while excelling at your craft
- You’ll amplify WillowTree’s thought leadership in our industry
- Staying up to date with the landscape of software engineering best practices, tools, and frameworks
- Working closely with a passionate team to deliver large and complex software projects from beginning to end
- Being mentored to grow your technical and interpersonal skills
- Being self-aware of limitations, yet curious to learn new solutions
- You’re proficient in at least one core WillowTree platform (iOS, Android, Web, or Backend)
- You’re excited to learn new languages, platforms, skills, and tools to serve the needs of the team as well as your personal growth
- You have a deep understanding and appreciation of quality code and architecture
- You’re curious about exploring and learning what you don’t know
- You’re motivated to build products that people love to use
- Along with your resume, please include your GitHub account if you have one, as well as any relevant application or code samples
- You’ve built a few apps (published is a plus!)
- You have a basic understanding of how to design RESTful APIs that are optimized for responsive, interactive mobile experiences
- You understand CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI) and have experience setting up deployment pipelines
- You appreciate pixel perfect UI implementations
- You believe lifelong learning is essential in this industry
P.S. In an ideal world, you’re a star with all the bullet points we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.