At WillowTree, we bring our clients’ ideas to life — in a digital sense.
We believe teams of mixed disciplines and diverse perspectives create the best product.
And our Product Research team is vital to our clients and products.
They start with why.
They believe creating great products starts with understanding people.
They advocate for excellent user experiences (always).
And they're really good at identifying patterns and trends.
Our clients include HBO, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Fox Sports, PepsiCo, and more. Our commitment to fostering an environment that encourages creativity has been rewarded by Fortune, Great Places to Work and Glassdoor as the best workplace in tech. Check out what others are saying about us.
Our Research team leverages a combination of qualitative, quantitative and competitive market research to understand how users behave while interacting with technology. As a Product Research Intern, you’ll have a hand in project work for clients across various industries all while having a 1-on-1 mentor relationship with an experienced Product Researcher.
- You’ll work with our research team to streamline both exploratory and evaluative research efforts
- You’ll participate in data analysis and synthesis
- You’ll get firsthand experience by working on real client work
- You’ll ensure our projects have the support they need to achieve excellent outcomes for our clients
- You’ll conduct mixed method research by collecting both quantitative and qualitative data
- You have plans to graduate in May 2021 or May 2022
- You have experience with either qualitative or quantitative research methods
- You’re interested in mixed methods research
- You have strong empathy and curiosity towards people
- You can successfully identify patterns in data
- You can clearly communicate methodologies and findings verbally and in writing
- You have a dedicated interest in mobile and emerging technology
- You thrive in a team environment and are excited to jump in and contribute to ongoing projects
- You value a culture built on feedback and are willing to share work in-progress
- Combination of both qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Experience working as a research assistant or in an academic lab
- Design and/or engineering experience
P.S. In an ideal world, you have all the bullet points we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
Our summer internship program is an opportunity for you to work on real client projects and make a real impact on our organization all while receiving one-on-one mentoring from our full-time team members. Not only that, but you’ll have weekly paid lunches, snacks galore, and plenty of chances to socialize with your fellow interns — including fun outings during work hours. We’ll have you with us full time (think 40 hours a week for 10 weeks) and yes, it is definitely paid. Not a bad gig, right?
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.