At WillowTree, we bring our clients’ ideas to life — in a digital sense.
We believe teams of mixed disciplines and diverse perspectives create the best product.
And our Product Design team is vital to our clients and products.
They start with why.
They want to understand our clients’ unique story, business goals, and pain points.
They design with intent (always).
And they’re really good at turning complex (sometimes messy) ideas into elegant, intuitive digital experiences.
Our clients include HBO, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Fox Sports, PepsiCo, and more. Our commitment to fostering an environment that encourages creativity has been rewarded by Fortune, Great Places to Work and Glassdoor as the best workplace in tech. Check out what others are saying about us.
Our Product Design Interns are embedded into our project teams and participate in research, conceptual design, information architecture, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design, all while having a 1-on-1 mentor relationship with an experienced Product Designer. You’ll create product experiences from ideation to execution for clients across various industries.
- You’ll help our clients achieve their outcomes and business goals through forward-thinking design
- You’ll successfully advocate for effective design practices, design sprints, and best practices with our clients and teams
- You’ll continually push our team’s creative, visual, and interactive design capabilities
- You’ll get hands-on experience by working on real client work
- You plan to graduate in May 2021 or May 2022
- You have an online portfolio of mobile app or web design work
- You’ve used design tools like Sketch/Adobe XD, Figma, and Invision
- You’re a strong conceptual thinker with a demonstrated ability to understand customer needs, user behaviors, and project requirements
- You have solid written and oral communication skills, with an ability to articulately explain design decisions
- You have a solid understanding of typography, layout and basic design principles
- You’re comfortable presenting your designs to teammates and clients
- You’re passionate about current design trends coupled with a strong understanding of user experience
- Motion design experience
P.S. In an ideal world, you have all the bullet points we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
Our summer internship program is an opportunity for you to work on real client projects and make a real impact on our organization all while receiving one-on-one mentoring from our full-time team members. Not only that, but you’ll have weekly paid lunches, snacks galore, and plenty of chances to socialize with your fellow interns — including fun outings during work hours. We’ll have you with us full time (think 40 hours a week for 10 weeks) and yes, it is definitely paid. Not a bad gig, right?
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.