Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
The Senior User Researcher is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our teams, clients, and company from idea conception to product launch. You'll gain experience conducting research for a variety of industries' digital products!
*This is not a remote position and requires up to ~25% travel.
- You’ll build trust and credibility with clients through empathy and open communication
- You’ll partner with clients to set research and business goals and resolve any conflicts to ensure the users’ best interest
- You’ll collaborate with product strategists and product designers to design rigorous research methodologies while flexibly considering timeline and scope
- You’ll identify important research questions and implement user-centered research methods that translate to digital features and design
- You’ll draw from a breadth of tools and approaches to investigate UX questions such as user interviews, surveys, ethnographic research, and usability tests
- You’ll balance quantitative and qualitative research methods to drive product direction and implementation
- You’ll compile and present findings to stakeholders in a clear, actionable, and compelling way
- You’ll advocate for research best practices across the company and with our clients
- You’ve been conducting UX research for 5+ years in the digital industry or have 2+ years after an advanced graduate degree in an applicable field of research
- You’ve conducted mixed methods research and are comfortable using quantitative or qualitative research
- You have client management experience and can design research engagements around business needs
- You’ve selected appropriate research methodologies while considering timelines and constraints
- You’re comfortable designing and conducting interviews, surveys, ethnographic research, usability tests, competitive landscapes, secondary research (e.g. literature reviews), etc
- You possess the ability to creatively target and recruit participants based on personas
- You have the ability to recognize patterns, disentangle confounding variables, and synthesize information
- You’ve conducted research within the digital and/or mobile product space
- You have experience presenting complex ideas to clients and team members in a compelling and actionable way
- You enjoy teaching and mentoring others on best practices
- You have advanced quantitative research skills and/or statistics background
- You have digital agency experience
- You’ve shipped products with features based on your research
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.