Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
The Senior Software Test Engineer is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our teams, clients, and company through your innate curiosity. You’ll influence project outcomes and advocate for continuous delivery in the entire software development process.
*This is not a remote position and may require some travel.
- You’ll consistently drive the quality and health of software projects
- You’ll apply critical thinking to products, requirements, and processes to confidently deliver high-quality software
- You’ll define and craft testing solutions, including both manual and automated aspects of testing
- You’ll dive deep to solve obscure issues
- You’ll collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, and clients
- You’ll provide mentorship and give constructive feedback
- You have experience working with external clients and stakeholders — including consulting, difficult conversations, solving and enforcing best practices
- You’re able to present complex ideas to clients and team members in a compelling and energetic way
- You have empathy to client needs and can help find solutions if problems arise
- You have experience in a client services environment (e.g. digital agency, heavy client facing)
- You have experience with advanced automation tools (e.g. virtualization, machine learning based testing, massive parallelization)
- You have experience with multiple test automation frameworks across different platforms (iOS, Android, Web Apps)
- You’ve built test strategies for the SDLC of a product
- You desire to contribute sound recommendations and influence product decisions
- You possess excellent engineering leadership skills and have led/mentored a team
- You have a growth mindset and apply it with your leadership style
P.S. In an ideal world, you hit all the bullet points we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
- You’re proficient with one or more of our core technologies beyond software testing (iOS, Android, Web Apps, API Engineering)
- You have experience conducting interviews and have hired for your team
- You have a public repository with experiments/examples of coding experience
- You’ve worked in an agile environment
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.