Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
The Communications Designer is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our teams, clients, and company through your creative vision. You’ll give form to ideas by being the voice and owner of product decisions. You’ll help drive the design direction and then make it happen!
*This is not a remote position.
- You’ll collaborate with the design, marketing, business development, and executive leadership teams, driving consensus and collaboration across those teams
- You’ll work with the design team to assist with illustrations and graphic efforts
- You’ll design print and digital handout materials for all marketing channels
- You’ll manage relationships with photographers/videographers chosen for internal shoots
- You’ll design graphics for WillowTree’s social marketing and blog posts
- You’ll work on and prioritize a variety of diverse projects across the company
- You have 2+ years in a design role for branding, communications and marketing, with an emphasis on digital design
- You have strong communication and design leadership skills to clearly articulate design decisions and recommendations to a number of stakeholders
- You’re a strategic designer that uses a combination of insights, experience, and sound design tactics to drive your recommendations
- You have responsive Web Design experience for content-rich web experiences and understand how IA informs design at a deep level
- You have an optimistic and adaptable attitude ready to design for a range of internal needs
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.