At WillowTree, we bring our clients’ ideas to life — in a digital sense.
We believe teams of mixed disciplines and diverse perspectives create the best product.
And our Project Management team is vital to our clients and products.
They start with the why.
They want to understand business goals, pain points, and the vision of our clients.
They handle projects with empathy (always).
And they’re really good at motivating all team members to deliver excellence in their domain for amazing software that make our clients proud.
WillowTree’s client roster includes HBO, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Synchrony Financial, PepsiCo, and many others. We are a 5 time Inc. 500/5000 company and have been featured in the Forrester Wave for mobile/digital design and development services. We are one of the few firms to be globally certified partners with Apple, Google, SAP, and Microsoft. Check out what others are saying about us.
As a Senior Product Manager at WillowTree, you have a unique opportunity to build and grow a team as the Virtual CEO of your project. You’ll partner with our Fortune 500 clients to drive toward a product vision while advising and managing scope, risk, and new product opportunities. By collaborating with Engineering and Business Development leads, you will run our digital product teams in an autonomous unit we call the Triforce.
- Significantly influence the shape of the client relationship, as the client’s trusted advisor and consultant
- Lead the build, measure, learn product lifecycle for major Fortune 500 digital products, some used by millions of people around the world
- Effectively weave the product vision into your team’s ethos to maintain a shared understanding of business outcomes
- Recognize and realize commercial opportunities that enhance product vision and the roadmap through technical and design innovation
- Coach and mentor others on the WillowTree team
- Build and maintain a psychologically safe team environment
- Champion product development methodologies across the organization and influence our client teams’ practices
Your Day to Day
- Driving extraordinary product development, leading the creation of products that are critical to our clients’ businesses
- Leaning on your deep client services expertise to drive effective decision-making on complex issues of scope, design, architecture, and process
- Delivering timely, tailored communication for various audiences: engineering teams, product managers, marketing partners, and C-level executives
- Effectively creating, guiding and communicating the holistic (WillowTree, client, 3rd party) project plan and goals to create alignment and drive convergent implementation
- Guiding the scope to encourage sustainable flow for your team while keeping focus on the key client objectives
- Being flexible and adaptive to changing scenarios and environments, applying appropriate project management frameworks to suit the customer and product
- Regularly visiting your client, usually 1-3 days per month, up to 20% of the time during kickoff or launch periods
- Engaging directly with clients managing the account details, project scope, and relationship
- 7+ years of experience in the software development industry as a Delivery Manager, Project Manager, Product Manager, Project Team Lead, Scrum Master in a client services business
- You have experience leading Fortune 500 custom software development projects, from discovery through UX design, implementation, and deployment
- You’ve demonstrated empathy, experience and confidence managing software projects with complex scope and with multiple executive stakeholders
- You’re an experienced technical problem solver that can adeptly figure out how to address and communicate technical or process issues between systems (e.g. API issues vs client-side, bug management issues, etc)
- You’re an expert communicator who regularly runs workshops and structured meetings to align client stakeholder groups on enterprise business goals
- You have a blend of business, user experience, and software project management acumen and mindset of motivating clients and 3rd party counterparts to be collaborative partners
- You've managed projects in which you mentor other product, development, design, and testing team members
- Professional experience as a Project or Product Manager and Scrum Master from major technology consultancy or agency
- Driving projects requiring the build and delivery of native iOS and/or Android applications that have been successfully delivered to a high volume of users
- You’ve taken part in Agile transformation or application of Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) on software development projects
- Certifications such as CSM, CSPO, PMP, SA, SPC, etc.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.