Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
The Delivery Manager is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities. You’ll partner with Fortune 500 clients to create a product vision while advising and managing scope, risk, and new product opportunities. You’ll have the unique opportunity to build and grow a team as the Virtual CEO of your project!
*This is not a remote position and requires up to ~25% travel.
- You’ll drive product development, leading the creation of products that are critical to our clients’ businesses
- You’ll lean on your deep client services experience to drive effective decision-making on complex issues of scope, design, architecture, and process
- You’ll deliver timely, tailored communication for various audiences: engineering teams, product managers, marketing partners, and C-level executives
- You’ll create, guide, and communicate the holistic (WillowTree, client, 3rd party) project plan and goals to create alignment and drive convergent implementation
- You’ll encourage sustainable flow for your team while focusing on key client objectives
- You’ll be flexible and adaptive to changing scenarios and environments by applying appropriate project management frameworks to suit the customer and product
- You’ll regularly visit your client, usually 1-3 days per month, up to 20% of the time during kickoff or launch periods
- You’ll engage directly with clients managing the account details, project scope, and relationship
- You have 7+ years of experience in the software development industry as a Project Manager, Product Manager, Product Owner, Team Lead, or Scrum Master in a client services business
- You have experience leading Fortune 500 custom software development projects, from discovery through UX design, implementation, and deployment
- You’ve demonstrated empathy, experience and confidence managing software projects with complex scope and with multiple executive stakeholders
- You’re an experienced technical problem solver that can adeptly figure out how to address and communicate technical or process issues between systems (e.g. API issues vs client-side, bug management issues, etc)
- You’re an expert communicator who regularly runs workshops and structured meetings to align client stakeholder groups on enterprise business goals
- You have a blend of business, user experience, and software project management acumen and mindset of motivating clients and 3rd party counterparts to be collaborative partners
- You've managed projects in which you mentor other product, development, design, and testing team members
- You have professional experience as a Project or Product Manager and Scrum Master from a major technology consultancy or agency
- You’ve led projects that require the build and delivery of successful native iOS and/or Android applications that have been successfully delivered to a high volume of users
- You’ve taken part in Agile transformation or application of Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) on software development projects
- Certifications such as CSM, CSPO, PMP, SA, SPC, etc.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.