At WillowTree, we bring our clients’ ideas to life — in a digital sense.
We’re a team that cares deeply about our craft and each other.
We believe teams of mixed disciplines and diverse perspectives create the best work places.
And our Software Test Engineering team is vital to WillowTree, our clients and products.
They start with why.
They want to understand our clients’ needs, product and business goals, and pain points.
They look for ways to break software with intent (always).
And they’re really good at turning complex (sometimes messy) code into organized, efficient, usable products.
As a Lead QA Engineer at WillowTree, you’ll have the opportunity to impact a number of people throughout various stages of their careers and be instrumental in their personal and professional growth. Additionally, you will be highly involved with our products and the processes behind them. You’ll have clear oversight of how engineering runs day-to-day and will influence project outcomes and team happiness. We’re seeking people who have strong opinions that are weakly held to help us progress and scale our test engineering practice. You in?
- You will build amazing products people love to use with a team of people you’re invested in
- You will provide engineering leadership for our teams and clients. Specifically, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the technical excellence of our projects as well as developing and mentoring various engineers with a focus on test engineering and quality
- You will have successfully led test and automation efforts to ship high-quality software
- Possess excellent engineering leadership skills and have led/mentored a team
- Have a growth mindset and apply it with your leadership style
- Working closely with a client to influence technical product decisions and business goals
- Staying up to date with the landscape of test engineering best practices, tools, and frameworks
- Leading the testing and delivery of large and complex software projects from beginning to end in a team-based environment
- Mentoring others to help grow their technical and interpersonal skills
- Identifying obstacles to improve the process of how we build software and ensure quality and better user experience
- Being self-aware of limitations, yet being curious to learn
- Being approachable and maintaining a calm demeanor in stressful situations
- Being a strong communicator who is able to navigate ambiguity
- Helping the team understand changing priorities and carrying out shifted goals
- Successfully communicating across multi-disciplinary teams including client and stakeholders with differing goals and backgrounds
- Having difficult conversations and always have their clients’ and teammates’ best interest in mind
- Building amazing products that people love to use
- Traveling onsite to meet with our clients around one week per month
- 12+ years of experience in a software test engineering capacity
- 3+ years of engineering leadership experience — including leading teams and developing individuals in their career
- Experience working with external clients and stakeholders — including consulting, difficult conversations, solutioning and enforcing best practices
- Experience presenting complex ideas to clients and team members in a compelling and energetic way
- Empathy to client needs and can help find solutions if problems arise
- Experience in a client services environment (e.g. digital agency, heavy client facing)
- Experience with advanced automation tools (e.g. virtualization, machine learning based testing, massive parallelization)
- Experience with multiple test automation frameworks across different platforms (iOS, Android, Web Apps)
- Experience building test strategies for the SDLC of a product
- Experience conducting 1:1s with individuals
- A desire to contribute sound recommendations and influence product decisions
- Experience working with diverse teams made up of various backgrounds and skills to produce something awesome
- Bonus Points: Proficiency with one or more of our core technologies beyond software testing (iOS, Android, Web Apps, API Engineering)
- Bonus Points: Experience conducting interviews and hiring for your team
- Bonus Points: Experience working in an agile environment
- Bonus Points: Public repository with experiments/examples of coding experience
WillowTree’s current clients include HBO, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Fox Sports, PepsiCo, and more. Our commitment to fostering an environment that encourages creativity has been rewarded by Fortune, Great Places to Work and Glassdoor as a best workplace in tech. Check out what others are saying about us/join the conversation.
We care about your total well-being and our benefits package aims to keep you and your family well — physically, mentally, and financially. In addition to the benefits you’d expect — competitive pay, health insurance, 401k, etc — we’re committed to creating a culture of continuous learning and support. Part of your professional development at WillowTree will include an annual stipend to spend as you wish on continuous learning, mentorship, and dedicated time to innovate.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.