At WillowTree, we bring our clients’ ideas to life — in a digital sense.
We believe teams of mixed disciplines and diverse perspectives create the best work places.
And our Software Test Engineering team is vital to WillowTree, our clients and products.
They start with why.
They want to understand our clients’ needs, product and business goals, and pain points.
They look for ways to break software with intent (always).
And they’re really good at turning complex (sometimes messy) code into organized, efficient, usable products.
WillowTree’s current clients include HBO, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Fox Sports, PepsiCo, and more. Our commitment to fostering an environment that encourages creativity has been rewarded by Fortune, Great Places to Work and Glassdoor as the best workplace in tech. Check out what others are saying about us.
As a Senior Software Test Engineer at WillowTree, you’ll have the opportunity to impact teammates throughout various stages of their careers. You’ll have clear oversight of how engineering runs day-to-day and will influence project outcomes.
- By collaborating with a team of people you’re invested in, you’ll build amazing products people love
- You’ll provide engineering leadership for our teams and clients
- You’ll be responsible for ensuring the technical excellence of our projects
- You will successfully lead test and automation efforts to ship high-quality software
- Working closely with a client to influence technical product decisions and business goals
- Staying up to date with the landscape of test engineering best practices, tools, and frameworks
- Leading the testing and delivery of large and complex software projects from beginning to end in a team-based environment
- Mentoring others to help grow their technical and interpersonal skills
- Identifying obstacles to improve the process of how we build software and ensure quality and better user experience
- Being self-aware of limitations, yet curious to learn new solutions
- Helping the team understand changing priorities and carrying out shifted goals
- Successfully communicating across multi-disciplinary teams including client and stakeholders with differing goals and backgrounds
- Traveling onsite to meet with our clients around one week per month
- You have experience working with external clients and stakeholders — including consulting, difficult conversations, solving and enforcing best practices
- You’re able to present complex ideas to clients and team members in a compelling and energetic way
- You have empathy to client needs and can help find solutions if problems arise
- You have experience in a client services environment (e.g. digital agency, heavy client facing)
- You have experience with advanced automation tools (e.g. virtualization, machine learning based testing, massive parallelization)
- You have experience with multiple test automation frameworks across different platforms (iOS, Android, Web Apps)
- You’ve built test strategies for the SDLC of a product
- You desire to contribute sound recommendations and influence product decisions
- You possess excellent engineering leadership skills and have led/mentored a team
- You have a growth mindset and apply it with your leadership style
- Proficiency with one or more of our core technologies beyond software testing (iOS, Android, Web Apps, API Engineering)
- Experience conducting interviews and hiring for your team
- Public repository with experiments/examples of coding experience
- Experience working in an agile environment
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.