At WillowTree, we bring our clients’ ideas to life — in a digital sense.
We’re a team of teams that care deeply about our projects and each other.
We believe teams of mixed disciplines and diverse perspectives create the best product.
And our Project Management team is vital to our clients and products.
They start with the WHY.
They want to understand business goals, pain points, and the vision of our largest clients.
They program manage with empathy (always).
And they’re really good at driving all team members to deliver excellence in their domain for a wholesome, amazing software our clients will be proud of.
Our clients include HBO, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Fox Sports, PepsiCo, and more. Our commitment to fostering an environment that encourages creativity has been rewarded by Fortune, Great Places to Work and Glassdoor as the best workplace in tech. Check out what others are saying about us.
As a Program Manager at WillowTree, you have a unique opportunity to build and grow a team as the Virtual CEO of your project. You’ll partner with our largest and most complex delivery programs. You’ll partner with our Fortune 500 clients to drive toward a product vision while advising and managing scope, risk, and new product opportunities. You should view our clients and 3rd party counterparts as collaborative partners.
- Significantly contribute to client PMO process and approach - improving and adapting as needed
- You’ll advise other PMs within your program to evolve parallel product development work streams and impact high profile client relationships
- Significantly influence the shape of the client relationship, as the client’s trusted advisor and consultant
- Lead the build, measure, learn product lifecycle for major Fortune 500 digital products, some used by millions of people around the world
- Effectively weave the product vision into your team’s ethos to maintain a shared understanding of business outcomes
- Recognize and realize commercial opportunities that enhance product vision and the roadmap through technical and design innovation
- Coach and mentor to others on the WillowTree team
- Build and maintain a psychologically safe team environment
- Champion product development best practices across the organization and influence our client teams’ practices
- Collaborate with major enterprise PMOs to run Scaled Agile programs
- Run PI Planning and other major points of collaboration / meetings in order to facilitate clear, open communication and prioritization
- Drive world class product development, leading the creation of products that are mission critical to our clients’ businesses
- Deliver timely, tailored communication for various audiences: engineering teams, product managers, marketing stakeholders, and C-level executives
- Effectively create, manage, communicate the wholistic (WillowTree, client, 3rd party) project plan to create alignment and drive convergent implementation
- Manage scope to encourage sustainable flow for your team while keeping focus on the key client objectives
- Be flexible and adaptive to changing scenarios and environments, applying appropriate project management frameworks to suit the customer and product
- Regularly visit your client, usually 1-3 days per month, up to 20% of time during kickoff or launch periods
- 12+ years of experience in the software development industry as a Project Manager, Product Manager, Project Owner, Team Lead in a client services business
- Experience managing Fortune 500 custom software development projects, from discovery through UX design, implementation, and deployment
- Blend of business, user experience, and software project management acumen
- Demonstrated experience and confidence managing software projects with complex scope and with multiple executive stakeholders
- Expert communicator who regularly run workshops and structured meetings to align client stakeholder groups
- Experienced technical problem solver — can adeptly determine how to address and communicate technical or process issues between systems (e.g. API issues vs client-side, bug management issues, etc)
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Professional experience as a Project or Product Manager from major technology consultancy or agency
- PMP certified
- Driving projects requiring the build and delivery of native iOS and/or Android applications that have been successfully delivered to a high volume of users
- Has taken part in Agile transformation or application of Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) on software development projects
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
Our benefits package aims to keep you and your family well — physically, mentally, and financially. In addition to the benefits you’d expect — competitive pay, health insurance, 401k, etc — we’re committed to creating a culture of continuous learning and support.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.