At WillowTree, we bring our clients’ ideas to life — in a digital sense.
We believe teams of mixed disciplines and diverse perspectives create the best product.
And our Product Research team is vital to our clients and products.
They seek to understand why.
They believe creating great products starts with understanding people.
They advocate for excellent user experiences (always).
And they're really good at creatively balancing rigor and flexibility in their research.
WillowTree’s current clients include HBO, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Regal Cinemas, PepsiCo, and more. Our commitment to fostering an environment that encourages creativity has been rewarded by Fortune, Great Places to Work and Glassdoor as the best workplace in tech. Check out what others are saying about us.
As a Senior User Researcher at WillowTree, you'll lead mix-methods research engagements that directly impact the digital strategy of our clients' products from idea conception to product launch. You'll partner with our clients' stakeholders and conduct research that lead to actionable insights for their digital products.
- You establish strong collaborative relationships with our clients and successfully define and lead large research engagements
- Your mixed-methods approach to research results in actionable insights to guide product-defining decisions
- You ensure we're building the right thing by identifying and answering critical research questions
- You find patterns through qualitative and quantitative research that can translate directly to digital features
- You present your findings through storytelling and in a compelling way that get clients excited about the product vision
- You contribute thought leadership and mentorship to other team members on your area of expertise within research
- You deepen the relationship between research and other disciplines e.g. design, engineering
Your Day to Day
- Building trust and credibility with clients through empathy and open communication
- Partnering with clients to set research and business goals and resolving any conflicts to ensure the users’ best interest
- Collaborating with product strategists and product designers to design rigorous research methodologies while flexibly considering timeline and scope
- Identifying important research questions and implementing user-centered research methods that translate to digital features and design
- Drawing from a breadth of tools and approaches to investigate UX questions such as user interviews, surveys, ethnographic research, and usability tests
- Balancing quantitative and qualitative research methods to drive product direction and implementation
- Compiling and presenting findings to stakeholders in a clear, actionable, and compelling way
- Advocating for research best practices across the company and with our clients
- You’ve been conducting UX research for 5+ years in the digital industry or 2+ years after an advanced graduate degree in an applicable field of research
- You can demonstrate mastery in quantitative or qualitative research, and a baseline level understanding of the other
- You’ve conducted research within the digital and/or mobile product space
- You have experience with client management and can design research engagements around business needs
- You have experience selecting appropriate research methodologies while considering timelines and constraints
- You’re comfortable designing and conducting interviews, surveys, ethnographic research, usability tests, competitive landscapes, secondary research (e.g. literature reviews), etc
- You possess the ability to creatively target and recruit participants based on personas
- You have the ability to recognize patterns, disentangle confounding variables, and synthesize information
- You have experience presenting complex ideas to clients and team members in a compelling and actionable way
- You enjoy teaching and mentoring others on best practices
- Some travel required
- Advanced quantitative research skills and/or statistics background
- Digital agency experience
- Have shipped products with features based on your research
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.