At WillowTree, we bring our clients’ ideas to life — in a digital sense.
We believe teams of mixed disciplines and diverse perspectives create the best product.
And our Technical Requirements team is vital to our clients and products.
They start with priorities.
They understand the client’s unique business needs and collaborate with our design and engineering teams to bring that vision to life.
They translate requirements with clarity (always).
And they’re really good at writing, documenting, organizing, and translating requirements from the stakeholders to their engineering team.
WillowTree’s current client roster includes HBO, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Synchrony Financial, Fox Sports, PepsiCo, and many others. We are a 5 time Inc. 500/5000 company and have been featured in the Forrester Wave for mobile/digital design and development services. We are one of a few firms globally to be certified partners with Apple, Google, SAP, and Microsoft. Check out what others are saying about us.
As a Senior Technical Requirements Manager, you will use your curiosity and attention to translate business requirements into user stories that accurately reflect both business needs and technical considerations. With the help of designers, strategists, developers, and test engineers you will build products that exceed our clients’ expectations.
- Keep projects running smoothly by managing complex requirement backlogs
- Mentor, guide, and inspire other requirements managers in various stages in their careers
- Having a direct influence on projects ranging from minor enhancements to large builds
Your Day to Day
- Translating abstract client needs into precise product requirements across various sized projects
- Explaining complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Analyzing client objectives and working with teams to propose unique solutions that maximize both user value and development efficiency
- Constantly improving your craft and sharing knowledge and insights with their peers
- Helping to drive development of the requirements management discipline
- Identifying technical and business risks early
- Guiding clients in making informed decisions
- You have 5+ years of experience in the software development industry as a Technical Product Owner, Business Analyst, Requirements Manager, or related position
- You have multiple years of experience writing requirements for at least one of the following platforms: iOS, Android, Web
- You’re inquisitive, listen well, and ask good questions to help get to the core of problems
- You communicate clearly, confidently, and tactfully with clients
- You have relentless attention to detail
- You’re well-versed in user stories and acceptance criteria, and have opinions on how they should be written
- You have strong documentation and technical writing skills
- You can confidently read API documentation and data-interchange formats such as JSON, XML or HTML
- You understand the importance of usability and user-centered design
- You’re passionate about both understanding what a product needs from a user and client perspective
- Commitment to being a trusted leader and mentor
- Certified Agile ScrumMaster or Product Owner
- Agency experience with a wide variety of clients and industries
- Process development and improvement experience
- Multi-platform project experience
- Professional experience as a Project or Product Manager from major technology consultancy or agency
- Teaching, mentoring, or presentation experience
- Driving projects requiring the build and delivery of native iOS and/or Android applications that have been successfully delivered to a high volume of users
- In-depth technical knowledge of backend systems and/or iOS, Android or Web front-end technologies
- Has taken part in Agile transformation or application of Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) on software development projects
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.