Technical Requirements Manager
Are you able to elicit and distill large amounts of information into well-organized and easy-to-consume documentation? Are you a natural problem solver? The Technical Requirements Manager position is a client-facing role focused on understanding our partners’ unique business needs and translating them into technical requirements. Technical Requirements Managers collaborate closely with WillowTree’s design and engineering teams, and are critical contributors to successfully bringing our partners’ visions to life.
If you have the talent and experience for this position, we’d like to talk to you.
- Effectively translate abstract client needs into precise product requirements
- Enjoy and are effective at explaining complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Are inquisitive, listen well, and ask good questions to help get to the core of problems
- Analyze client objectives and work with the team to propose unique solutions that maximize both user value and development efficiency
- Keep projects running smoothly by managing requirement backlogs
- Understand the software development life cycle
- Identify technical and business risks early and guide clients in making informed decisions
- Are team players that enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- You have experience working on software development projects from start to finish
- You have worked with requirements for at least one of the following platforms: iOS, Android, Web
- You communicate clearly, confidently, and tactfully with clients
- You are able to efficiently identify appropriate resources to track down requirement details
- You are able to self-manage commitments and deadlines
- You have relentless attention to detail
- You have strong documentation and technical writing skills
- You understand the risks and constraints of technology
- You can read API documentation and data interchange formats such as JSON, XML or HTML
- You understand the importance of usability and user-centered design
- Proficiency in writing user stories and/or acceptance criteria
- Agency experience with a wide variety of clients and industries
- Understanding of the differences in capabilities across iOS, Android, Web, and TV platforms
- In-depth technical knowledge
- Experience using various methods to elicit requirements from clients
- Passion for mobile and tech
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile. We foster a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a big impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There's always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users' devices every day.