Director of Business Development
At WillowTree, our elite product design and development teams build extraordinary experiences by bridging the latest strategy and design thinking with enterprise-grade software development. We are currently hiring a Director of Business Development, which is a senior, client-facing role centered on developing near-term project work and long-term relationships with new and existing clients.
WillowTree is a digital product consultancy providing strategy, research, design, and engineering services to Fortune 500 companies all over the world. Our current client roster includes HBO, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Synchrony Financial, Fox Sports, PepsiCo, and many others.
WillowTree is one of the largest independent digital consultancies in the US, a 6-time Inc 500/5000 company, and has been featured in the Forrester Wave for mobile/digital design and development services. We are one of a few firms globally to be certified partners with Apple, Google, SAP, and Microsoft.
If you have the talent and experience for this position, we'd like to talk to you.
About the position:
This role would expose you to a wide variety of businesses, many partners within those businesses, and ever-changing business and technology challenges. We employ a solutions-led strategy and are seeking consultative business development executives, rather than transactional or sales-led business development professionals. The role will be based in our HQ in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Desired Candidate Profiles:
- Former or current management consultants with exposure to digital product/software development projects who have decided large consulting firms are not for them and want to see their ideas and work come to life.
What You Can Expect in the Role:
- Introduce WillowTree's business, proposition, people and capabilities to new client prospects via calls/meetings
- Work with potential and existing clients to define mobile products and develop creative solutions -- help frame business/technical needs, project scope
- Work closely with Solutions Architects to propose appropriate team/resourcing plan for client briefs and develop pricing proposals
- Collaborate with UX Strategy and Design Team to ideate on behalf of clients, develop concepts to pitch, and develop pitch materials
- Drive overall process to combine technical plans and creative concepts into written proposals (RFP, etc) for submission and presentations for pitches
- When ready, lead pitches, develop and own strategic client relationships
- Post-deal -- work hand-in-hand with Project Management, Engineering, and Design leads to guide the overall product delivery and own the client relationship at the highest level
- Work with clients to expand partnership, and extend WillowTree services on a client-by-client basis
- Ability to travel up to 25% for client visits, pitches and conferences
- Professional experience and deep understanding of mobile technology is required
- Critical thinking/problem-solver
- Great listener
- Excellent business writing skills
- Quick-thinking and dynamic personality with strong public speaking skills
- Experience working with, and presenting to, C-level professionals of Fortune 500 companies
- Creative-- oftentimes our clients are looking for inspiration and direction -- genuine enthusiasm/creativity in coming up with solutions for brands/clients
- An engineering degree or CS background
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
We care about your total well-being and our benefits package aims to keep you and your family well — physically, mentally, and financially. In addition to the benefits you’d expect — competitive pay, health insurance, 401k, etc — we’re committed to creating a culture of continuous learning and support. Part of your professional development at WillowTree will include an annual conference, mentorship, and dedicated time to innovate.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.