At WillowTree, Senior Product Strategists play an integral part in guiding the creation and evolution of the world’s best digital products. We create beautiful, useful digital products across platforms: native apps, responsive sites, bots, voice assistants, and more, for many well-known brands. Our elite teams challenge themselves to create extraordinary experiences by bridging the latest strategy and design thinking with enterprise-grade software development.
WillowTree’s current client roster includes Time Warner, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Synchrony Financial, Fox Sports, PepsiCo, and many others. We have been an Inc 500/5000 company for 7 years in a row and have been featured in the Forrester Wave for mobile/digital design and development services. WillowTree is one of a few firms globally to be certified partners with Apple, Google, SAP, and Microsoft.
The Senior Product Strategist role falls at the intersection of Business Strategy, Technology, and User Experience. Strategists have the autonomy to make a significant impact on products in real, tangible ways. They deliver the highest business value for our clients, while also being the voice of the end user and understanding what is feasible from a technical perspective. They identify competitive whitespace, facilitate client workshops to draw out business goals and strategic priorities, participate in user research, and drive ideation on the team to make recommendations for the direction of an app.
- Identifying and articulating Business goals, Market Goals, and User Goals
- Consulting on user acquisition and marketing strategies for new products
- Gathering and analyzing large amounts of information expeditiously; developing compelling, insightful recommendations and product vision
- Communicating product decisions to senior level stakeholders
- You have an understanding of user-centered research principles, and leverage and apply those user insights.
- Leading ideation exercises and driving creative problem solving
- Working closely with designers, researchers, and project managers to set the direction for products
- Telling compelling and inspiring stories through artfully crafted presentations outlining the research, vision, and specific recommendations balanced with technical reality.
- You believe that ‘Vision without Execution is Hallucination’, and work with stakeholders and software teams to make your vision a reality
Desired Candidate Profiles
Experience working in a top management consultancy with exposure to digital product/software strategy engagements.
- ~8+ years experience as a consultant at a management consulting firm or digital agency as a business consultant
- Business acumen - user acquisition, marketing, understanding of business models and projection
- Demonstrated successful product launches from previous roles
- Demonstrated past ability to lead client engagements. You are empathetic to client needs and can help find solutions if problems arise.
- Ability to manage project workshops, check-ins, timelines, and presentations
- Ability to clearly envision and articulate business requirements through presentations as well as documentation & carry those business requirements through the UX of the product.
- Significant mobile and emerging technology industry knowledge
- Flexibility for travel
- Bonus points:
- Experience with ROI/metrics-informed design
- Experience managing complex, high-profile multiplatform/multiscreen projects
- Adept at building long-term relationships with client stakeholders
- Expert Keynote skills
We care about your total well-being and our benefits package aims to keep you and your family well — physically, mentally, and financially. In addition to the benefits you’d expect — competitive pay, health insurance, 401k, etc — we’re committed to creating a culture of continuous learning and support. Part of your professional development at WillowTree will include an annual conference, mentorship, and dedicated time to innovate.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a digital design and development agency with a mission to bring together diverse, smart teams who want to continuously hone their craft. We cultivate a collaborative environment focused on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to impact our clients, products, teams, and company as a whole.
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and GE to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There’s always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to our customers’ devices every day.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.