Senior UI/UX Designer
WillowTree’s Product Design Team plays a central role in helping our clients envision and design the experience of their mobile products.
As a Senior UI/UX Designer you'll design product experiences from ideation to execution for clients across industries. You'll participate in research, conceptual design, information architecture, interaction & motion design, prototyping, and visual design. You'll collaborate closely with a multidisciplinary team (e.g. Product Strategists, Software Engineers, Project Managers) to produce beautiful solutions that place our clients above their competition and bring your designs to life through emerging technologies.
We're looking for a design leader who can give form to their ideas and iterate on them while paying attention to every detail. Are you passionate about solving problems through design? Do you follow emerging tech and design trends? Are you motivated by driving design culture and creativity?
If you have the talent and experience for this position, we'd like to talk to you.
- Act as the Design Lead on projects and oversee a project’s creative process from end to end
- Develop strong working relationships with clients
- Meet with clients and facilitate hands-on design activities, lead workshops, and present work
- Occasional travel to visit clients on-site
- Assist in building the Product Design Team through recruiting and interviewing
- Mentor new Product Designers and coach them on design skills, problem-solving, client communication, and project team interaction
- Work with other designers and design leadership to drive design culture and creativity at WillowTree
- Are a thought leader in the company, and evangelist for WillowTree in the design community
- Ensure final visual design concepts are on-brand, on-budget, and delivers on Product Strategy goals. This includes establishing design schedules for projects.
- Set the design vision for your projects, and instill excitement in design choices in both your project team and clients
- 5-7+ years designing digital products professionally
- A portfolio of digital products with a focus on defining user experiences and strong visual design
- Strong conceptual thinker with a demonstrated ability to understand customer needs, user behaviors, and project requirements
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with an ability to clearly articulate their design decisions
- Passion for current design trends coupled with a deep understanding of user experience
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional understanding of typography, layout and advanced design principles
- Advanced knowledge of designing for a diverse set of screens, operating systems, and challenges
- Experience in regularly presenting designs to clients and other designers. Whether the audience is internal, conference attendees, or a client
- Experience using design tools such as: Sketch, InVision, Principle, Zeplin, and UserTesting.com
- Committed to being a trusted leader, mentor, and thought leader
- Advanced motion design experience
- Advanced experience in leading client workshops and kick-off activities
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile. We cultivate a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a huge impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical challenges. There's always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users' devices every single day.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.