Hi there! We’re WillowTree, and you’re our new Designer (we hope).
At WillowTree, we bring our clients’ ideas to life — in a digital sense.
We believe teams of mixed disciplines and diverse perspectives create the best product.
And our Product Design team is vital to our clients and products.
They start with why.
They want to understand our clients’ unique story, business goals, and pain points.
They design with intent (always).
And they’re really good at turning complex (sometimes messy) ideas into elegant, intuitive digital experiences.
Our clients include HBO, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Fox Sports, PepsiCo, and more. Our commitment to fostering an environment that encourages creativity has been rewarded by Fortune, Great Places to Work and Glassdoor as the best workplace in tech. Check out what others are saying about us.
As a Product Designer at WillowTree, you’ll create product experiences from ideation to execution for clients across various industries.
- You’ll help our clients achieve their outcome and business goals through forward-thinking design
- You’ll amplify WillowTree’s thought leadership in the design community through speaking, writing, or partnerships
- You’ll successfully advocate for effective design practices, design sprints, and best practices with our clients and teams
- You’ll continually push our team’s creative, visual, and interactive design capabilities
- Participating in research, conceptual design, information architecture, and interaction design
- Working within your team to design mobile and web products from start to launch
- Completing activities such as motion design, prototyping, and visual design
- Collaborating closely with Senior Product Designers, clients and your project team to understand business needs, user needs and project requirements
- Having occasional travel to visit clients on-site
- You plan to graduate between December 2018 and May 2019
- You have a strong digital design portfolio
- You’re a strong conceptual thinker
- You have solid written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain design decisions
- You have an eye for details
- You have a solid understanding of typography, layout and basic design principles
- You have experience in presenting designs to other designers.
- You have experience using design tools such as: Sketch/Adobe XD and Invision
- You’re passionate about current design trends
- You desire to work regularly with design mentors
- You’re experienced with regularly presenting designs to clients and other designers. Whether the audience is internal, conference attendees, or a client, you can sell an idea clearly and confidently.
- Motion design experience
P.S. In an ideal world, you’re a star with all the bullets we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. WillowTree builds teams with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives, so if you’re smart and passionately curious, don’t worry about checking all of the boxes. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.