Software Engineer (December 2018 / May 2019 Graduates)
Hi there! We’re WillowTree, and you’re our new Software Engineer (we hope).
Does writing and reading great code make you smile? Do you want to work with like-minded people that continuously push each other to be better in a friendly, non-egotistical environment? Do you want to make a huge impact by solving challenges for some of the world’s largest and best-known companies and brands?
If you answered yes to these, WillowTree is next stop in your journey. We are looking for strong software engineers who understand that delivering quality is really about craftsmanship and collaboration. At WillowTree, we look for people who have a strong core understanding of software engineering best practices, a real passion for building products people love to use, a helpful attitude to fellow teammates, and the belief that lifelong learning is necessary to being better software engineer.
- Are truly passionate about building a career in mobile development
- Have a strong core understanding of software engineering best practices
- Are motivated to build products that people love to use
- Have friendly personalities
- Are life-long learners and believe it's essential in this industry
- Enjoy working closely with other developers, designers, and our clients
- Plans to graduate in December 2018 or May 2019
- Top-notch software engineering skills
- Ability to quickly learn new languages, platforms, and tools
- Curiosity to explore and learn what you don’t know
- Deep understanding and appreciation of quality code and architecture
- Built a few apps (published is a plus!)
- Desire to work with new technologies
- An appreciation for pixel perfect UI implementations
P.S. In an ideal world, you’re a star with all the bullets we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. WillowTree builds teams with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives, so if you’re smart and passionately curious, don’t worry about checking all of the boxes. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
We care about your total well-being and our benefits package aims to keep you and your family well — physically, mentally, and financially. In addition to the benefits you’d expect — competitive pay, health insurance, 401k, etc — we’re committed to creating a culture of continuous learning and support. Part of your professional development at WillowTree will include an annual conference, mentorship, and dedicated time to innovate.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile. We foster a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a big impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There's always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users' devices every day.