WillowTree is looking for a Staff Accountant to help oversee and manage the day-to-day of our growing company's financial operations. Do you obsess over the details? Dot all your i's and cross all your t's? Do you use QuickBooks every day and know Excel like the back of your hand?
If you’ve answered yes to the above questions, we’d like to talk to you.
To be successful you:
- Have expertise with Accounts Receivable, including managing revenue recognition, accruals, deferrals and invoicing
- Are comfortable interacting with client and internal stakeholders
- Show proficiency with QuickBooks (or other financial management software) and Microsoft Excel
- Understand the basics of tax accounting
- Are extremely detail-oriented
- Display a positive attitude and enjoy working in a team environment
We’d love for you to have:
- A minimum of two years professional accounting experience or similar accreditations/certifications with a preference for public accounting
- Understanding of ASC 606 Revenue Recognition changes and other upcoming changes in GAAP
- Expertise with organizational budget preparation and review
- Experience with full lifecycle accounting or you’ve served as a stand alone accountant
- Familiarity with financial audits or reviews
- Expertise creating ad-hoc reports
- Experience with the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Experience with cash flow analysis
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or CPA
We care about your total well-being and our benefits package aims to keep you and your family well — physically, mentally, and financially. In addition to the benefits you’d expect — competitive pay, health insurance, 401k, etc — we’re committed to creating a culture of continuous learning and support. Part of your professional development at WillowTree will include an annual conference, mentorship, and dedicated time to innovate.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and care about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile. We foster a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a big impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There's always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users' devices every day.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.