At WillowTree, we bring our clients’ ideas to life — in a digital sense.
We believe teams of mixed disciplines and diverse perspectives create the best work places.
Our clients include HBO, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Fox Sports, PepsiCo, and more. Our commitment to fostering an environment that encourages collaboration and creativity has been awarded by Fortune, Great Places to Work and Glassdoor as one of the best workplaces in tech. Check out what others are saying about us.
As our Staff Accountant, you’ll help oversee and manage the payroll and accounts payable of our growing company's financial operations.
- Processing incoming vendor invoices and preparing payment runs
- Managing the payroll census and processing ad-hoc deductions or earnings
- Preparing journal entries to allocate payroll to appropriate cost centers
- Assisting purchasing card management and reconciliation
- Preparing reports during the financial close and other ad-hoc needs
- Identifying and resolving discrepancies with payroll, AP, and corporate cards
- Interacting with both internal and client stakeholders on financial matters
- You have at least 2 years of professional accounting experience or similar accreditations/certifications
- You’re an expert with payroll and accounts payable
- You have experience with organizational budget preparation and review
- You’ve been completely involved with full lifecycle accounting or you’ve served as a stand-alone accountant
- You’re familiar with financial and benefits audits
- You’ve used financial management software
- You love Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- You have a basic understanding of HR laws (although we have a separate HR team)
- You’ve created ad-hoc reports
- You have Accounts Receivable experience
- You’ve prepared monthly financial statements
- You’re experienced with cash flow analysis
- You have an accounting degree or are a CPA
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
Our benefits package aims to keep you and your family well — physically, mentally, and financially. In addition to the benefits you’d expect — competitive pay, health insurance, 401k, etc — we’re committed to creating a culture of continuous learning and support.
P.S. In an ideal world, you’re a star with all the bullets we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. WillowTree builds teams with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives, so if you’re smart and passionately curious, don’t worry about checking all of the boxes. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.