At WillowTree, we bring our clients’ ideas to life — in a digital sense.
We believe teams of mixed disciplines and diverse perspectives create the best product.
And our Product Design team is vital to our clients and products.
They start with why.
They want to understand our clients’ unique story, business goals, and pain points.
They design with intent (always).
And they’re really good at turning complex (sometimes messy) ideas into elegant, intuitive digital experiences.
Our clients include HBO, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Fox Sports, PepsiCo, and more. Our commitment to fostering an environment that encourages creativity has been rewarded by Fortune, Great Places to Work and Glassdoor as the best workplace in tech. Check out what others are saying about us.
As a Senior Product Designer at WillowTree, you’ll lead design engagements for a variety of large and/or complex projects with minimal oversight. You’ll drive the design direction, and then make it happen!
- Exceed our clients’ expectations! Help our clients achieve their outcome and business goals through forward-thinking design
- Set the creative vision for our products that get our team and clients excited
- Give form to ideas by being the voice and owner of product decisions
- Mentor, guide, and inspire other designers at various stages in their careers
- Amplify WillowTree’s thought leadership in the design community through speaking, writing, or partnerships
- Successfully advocate for effective design practices, design sprints, and best practices with our clients and teams
- Continually push our team’s creative, visual, and interactive design capabilities
- Help set the bar for WillowTree’s 5 Design Principles
- Collaborating with a multidisciplinary team every single day. Think software engineers, researchers, strategists, and project managers.
- Leading ideation sessions, workshops, demos, and presentations with clients on-site
- Establishing design schedules, ensuring final visual design concepts are on-brand, on-budget, and deliver on product strategy goals.
- Producing forward-thinking visual designs that are unique and distinct to the client’s brand
- Sketching, wireframing, building IA, motion design, and running usability tests
- Prototyping to communicate the “look” and “feel.” Maybe you use InVision, Framer, or Principle?
- Collaborating with design peers to ensure designs are conceptually sound
- Ensuring content strategy and design are perfectly in-sync
- Building cohesive and lightweight design systems
- Continuously iterating your designs to stay current with mobile trends
- Giving and receiving design critique to help constantly refine and push our work
- Mentoring new product designers and interns on visual and interaction design, problem-solving, client communication, and team interaction
- Pushing for and executing inclusive, accessible design for all
- Fostering WillowTree partnerships (e.g. InVision, Zeplin)
- You’ve been designing digital products for 5-7+ years. You’ve proudly shipped and launched several products
- A portfolio that exemplifies strong visual design and a focus on defining the user experience
- Strong understanding of typography, layout, color, and advanced design principles
- You’re a conceptual thinker who can translate customer needs, behaviors, and project requirements
- You have experience presenting complex ideas to clients and team members in a compelling and energetic way
- You're empathetic to client needs and can help find solutions if problems arise
- Knowledge of what’s possible on modern digital platforms coupled with a deep understanding of platform design standards (e.g. HIG, Material Design)
- Commitment to being a trusted mentor and thought leader
- You prefer face-to-face over remote interaction — and you know exactly when to get on a plane to present or solve issues with clients in person.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
Our benefits package aims to keep you and your family well — physically, mentally, and financially. In addition to the benefits you’d expect — competitive pay, health insurance, 401k, etc — we’re committed to creating a culture of continuous learning and support.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.