At WillowTree, we bring our clients’ ideas to life — in a digital sense.
We believe teams of mixed disciplines and diverse perspectives create the best work places.
And our Software Engineering team is vital to WillowTree, our clients and products.
They start with why.
They want to understand our clients’ needs, product and business goals, and pain points.
They look for ways to break software with intent (always).
And they’re really good at turning complex (sometimes messy) code into organized, efficient, usable products.
WillowTree’s current clients include HBO, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Fox Sports, PepsiCo, and more. Our commitment to fostering an environment that encourages creativity has been rewarded by Fortune, Great Places to Work and Glassdoor as the best workplace in tech. Check out what others are saying about us.
As a Senior Software Engineer at WillowTree, you’ll have the opportunity to impact teammates throughout various stages of their careers. You’ll have clear oversight of how engineering runs day-to-day and will influence project outcomes.
- By collaborating with a team of people you’re invested in, you’ll build amazing products people love
- You’ll provide engineering leadership for our teams and clients
- You’ll be responsible for ensuring the technical excellence of our projects
- You will successfully lead development efforts to ship high-quality software
- Working closely with a client to influence technical product decisions and business goals
- Staying up to date with the landscape of software engineering best practices, tools, and frameworks
- Leading the delivery of large and complex software projects from beginning to end in a team-based environment
- Mentoring others to help grow their technical and interpersonal skills
- Identifying obstacles to improve the process of how we build software and ensure quality and better user experience
- Being self-aware of limitations, yet curious to learn new solutions
- Helping the team understand changing priorities and carrying out shifted goals
- Successfully communicating across multi-disciplinary teams including client and stakeholders with differing goals and backgrounds
- Traveling onsite to meet with our clients around one week per month
- You have experience working with external clients and stakeholders — including consulting, difficult conversations, solving and enforcing best practices
- You’re able to present complex ideas to clients and team members in a compelling and energetic way
- You have empathy to client needs and can help find solutions if problems arise
- You have experience in a client services environment (e.g. digital agency, heavy client facing)
- You are proficient with one or more of our core technologies (iOS, Android, Web Apps, API/Backend Engineering)
- You have experience with multiple test automation frameworks across different platforms (iOS, Android, Web Apps)
- You’ve developed software for the SDLC of a product
- You desire to contribute sound recommendations and influence product decisions
- You possess excellent engineering leadership skills and have led/mentored a team
- You have a growth mindset and apply it with your leadership style
- You have experience with advanced automation tools (e.g. virtualization, machine learning based testing, massive parallelization)
- Experience conducting interviews and hiring for your team
- Public repository with experiments/examples of coding experience
- Experience working in an agile environment
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a digital design and development agency with a mission to bring together diverse, smart teams who want to continuously hone their craft. We cultivate a collaborative environment focused on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to impact our clients, products, teams, and company as a whole.
WillowTree’s current client roster includes HBO, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Synchrony Financial, Fox Sports, PepsiCo, and many others. We are an 5 time Inc. 500/5000 company and have been featured in the Forrester Wave for mobile/digital design and development services. We are one of a few firms globally to be certified partners with Apple, Google, SAP, and Microsoft.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.