Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
The Senior Product Designer is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our teams, clients, and company through your creative vision. You’ll lead design engagements for a variety of large and/or complex projects with minimal oversight. You’ll drive the design direction, and then make it happen!
*This is not a remote position and may require some travel.
- You’ll collaborate daily with a multidisciplinary team of Software Engineers, Researchers, Strategists, and Project Managers.
- You’ll lead ideation sessions, workshops, demos, and presentations with clients on-site
- You’ll establish design schedules, ensure final visual design concepts are on-brand, on-budget, and deliver on product strategy goals.
- You’ll sketch, wireframe, build IA, motion design, and run usability tests
- You’ll prototype to communicate the “look” and “feel” of a project. Maybe you use InVision, Framer, or Principle?
- You’ll collaborate with design peers to ensure designs are conceptually sound
- You’ll ensure content strategy and design are perfectly in-sync
- You’ll build cohesive and lightweight design systems
- You’ll continuously iterate your designs to stay current with mobile trends
- You’ll give and receive design critique to help constantly refine and push our work
- You’ll mentor new product designers and interns on visual and interaction design, problem-solving, client communication, and team interaction
- You’ll push for and create inclusive, accessible design for all
- You’ll help set the bar for WillowTree’s 5 Design Principles
- You’ve been designing digital products for 5-7+ years
- You have a portfolio that exemplifies strong visual design and a focus on defining the user experience
- You’ve proudly shipped and launched several products
- You have a strong understanding of typography, layout, color, and advanced design principles
- You’re a conceptual thinker who can translate customer needs, behaviors, and project requirements
- You have experience effectively presenting and communicating your design decisions to clients and team members
- You’re knowledgeable of what’s possible on modern digital platforms coupled with an understanding of platform design standards (e.g. HIG, Material Design)
- You're empathetic to client needs and can help find solutions if problems arise
- You’re committed to being a trusted mentor and thought leader
- You prefer face-to-face over remote interaction — and you know exactly when to get on a plane to present or solve issues with clients in person.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.