This Week in Mobile: August 13th – 20th
This Week in Mobile August 13th – 20th – Our weekly post on mobile news. You can expect a new post every Monday morning giving a brief summary of what happened the previous week in the mobile space along with links for more information. If you think we missed anything important, leave a comment or send us a tweet @willowtreeapps. It was a slow week, but here’s what happened…
– Twitter’s new API puts a cap on 3rd party usage, essentially putting unofficial twitter clients out of business.
– The court decided that Google failed to comply with an order to disclose paid journalists and bloggers.
– Android has turned on Smart Updates, the ability to download only the changes for new Apps, instead of the whole download.
– Nokia and Microsoft announced a press conference for September 5th. Hopefully this announcement will be centered around giving phones the ability to launch with Windows Phone 8.
– Microsoft halted the publishing of apps on the Windows Phone market due to a techincal error. Update: Fixed.
New and Notable Apps: